The NUCATS Institute seeks to serve as the leading academic source of clinical research education and training programs for professionals to assure research integrity and improve public health. The Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Clinical Research Staff Training programs seek to accomplish this mission through teamwork, technology and training that includes a full complement of instructor-led and online education and training opportunities for professionals at various stages in their clinical research career. Advance Your Clinical Research Career and Register for GCP and Clinical Research Staff Training>
- Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) Basic Training: Live and Online Course
- Introduction to Clinical Research Suite: Interactive Online Training
- CRCs who have less than one year of experience or who have never received formal training.
- Anyone who requires a fast, thorough introduction to clinical research trial conduct, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and the federal regulations governing research.
- Practical introduction to the CRC role to get students "up and running" in the clinic, with many tools and templates to assist with study implementation.
- Can be of assistance for students preparing to sit for the CRC certification exam.
- CRC roles and responsibilities
- Clinical trial initiation and phases of clinical research
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Regulatory documents and maintenance and subject recruitment and retention
- Drug compliance, adverse events and safety monitoring
- Quality assurance audits, FDA audits, and more!
CE Credit and Certificate:
- Students receive a certificate of completion and continuing education hours.
- This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CPN 15198, for 20 continuing education contact hours for CRC Basic Training Live and 11 continuing education contact hours for CRC Basic Training Online.
- Classes offered quarterly in both a live classroom setting and in an online setting with a live instructor.
Introduction to Clinical Research Suite: Interactive Online Training
- Clinical research staff, entry-level positions, and any staff at a research site that could potentially interact with research participants at any level.
- Anyone who requires an overview of clinical research.
- Provides a general awareness of clinical research concepts and identifies the areas of highest risk for audit and sanctions.
- Educates staff on their role in maintaining compliance and reducing risk and assists in protecting organizations from all high risk areas within clinical research.
- Introduction to Clinical Research
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Human Subjects Protections
- Clinical Research Billing
- Research Misconduct
- Students receive a certificate of completion.
- Students can complete each course at their own pace and convenience. Each course is approximately one hour in length with interactive exercises and a final test to pass the course.
Need more information? Contact one of our RESEARCH NAVIGATORS.