For updated information on ARCC news and events, please visit our new website
The Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC) is guided by a steering committee of community- and faith-based organizations, faculty at Northwestern University, and public organizations. We support Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) by providing seed grants, capacity-building workshops and one-on-one technical assistance, partnership facilitation, monthly information and resource updates, advocacy for supportive institutional policies, and other activities. Our core principles include:
- Community priorities: Research addresses priorities identified by communities and brings together knowledge and expertise of community organizations and members with knowledge and expertise of academic partners and the larger scientific community.
- Equal partnership: Community and academic partners participate in all phases or research and share resources associated with the project.
- Action: A key outcome of this approach to research is the ability to make data-driven decisions about policies and issues that affect communities.
- 13 community-and faith-based organizations:
Access Living, Apostolic Faith Church, Cambodian Association of Illinois, Casa Central, Chicago Youth Programs, Chinese Mutual Aid Association, Coalition of Limited English Speaking Elderly, Demoiselle 2 Femme, Healthcare Consortium of Illinois, Korean American Community Services, Logan Square Neighborhood Association, Vida/SIDA, Westside Health Authority
- Two public agencies:
Chicago Department of Public Health, Chicago Public Schools
- Eleven Northwestern Faculty:
Amy Einstein, PhD, Rebecca Ford-Paz, PhD, George Greene, PhD, Ruchi Gupta, MD MPH, Bill Healey, PT, Ed D, GCS, Gail Huber, PT/PhD, Anagha Loharikar, MD, Darby Morhardt MSW LCSW, Karen Sheehan, MD, MPH, Melissa Simon MD MPH, David Victorson, PhD
Contact us for more information:
Director: Jen Brown, MPH, 312-503-2942, email@example.com
Faculty-Community Research Liaison: Maryann Mason, PhD, 312-573-7771, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of ARCC Community Relations: Virginia Bishop, MD, MPH, 312-375-0390, email@example.com
Community-Campus Coordinator: Gina Curry, 312-363-8050, firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCC is a program of the Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM)'s Center for Community Health and the Northwestern University Clinical & Translational Sciences (NUCATS) Institute