A searchable database of expertise across all disciplines at Northwestern University, allowing you to explore the profiles, publications, and grant data of thousands of scholars within Northwestern.
Using faculty profiles, you can search for an expert, locate scientific collaborators, or identify a mentor for your training experience.
An ontology driven applications for representing scholarship that allows individuals to record, edit, search and visualize their scholarly activity all in one place.
To find a research collaborator outside of the Northwestern University, you can use Direct2Experts, which searches across more than 70 institutions.
CTSAsearch is a federated search engine using Linked Open Data published by members of the CTSA Consortium and other interested parties.
Team Science Online Learning Modules
This interactive tool is an open suite of e-learning resources designed to foster learning and skill development in Team Science. Teamscience.net addresses a broad audience of researchers at multiple career stages, research development officers and administrators, and students and educators interested in conducting and/or facilitating team science in biomedical, clinical, and community contexts. The system provides learners with an opportunity to experiment in a safe, controlled environment with forming, leading, and evaluating teams.
Team Science Training Workshops
This series of workshops provides hands-on training in strategic team mapping, role responsibilities and accountability, meeting management, team dynamics and conflict resolution, and collaboration tools. Modules can be provided as a single workshop or a series. The goal of these interactive and experiential workshops is to teach participants competencies necessary for effective performance as a team. If your team is interested in participating in a workshop, or would like to receive more information, please fill out this service request form.
Team Science Graduate Course
0.5 credit course exposes students to the principles of team dynamics, organization, and leadership, specifically in the context of working in the translational transdisciplinary teams. The course is offered in Spring Quarter via the MPH program and is open for anyone interested in Team Science.
NU Collaboration Tools
- Blue Jeans is cloud-based audio/video/content sharing conferencing service available to anyone with a valid Northwestern Net ID
- WebEx is a cloud-based meeting tool for hosting and attending online meetings. Allows users to share specific documents, individual apps, or desktop with everyone in the meeting. It is available to Northwestern students, faculty, and staff for instruction and collaboration.
- Skype for Business/Lync offers a host of features to make it easy to communicate and collaborate from anywhere across the University.
- Spark is a team meeting, messaging, and videoconferencing platform available for Northwestern students, faculty, and staff which offers an easy way to post messages, share content, and meet virtually with one or more meeting participants and from any device.
- Yammer is an internal social networking tool for NU faculty, staff, and students which offers a host of social networking features to make it easy to communicate and collaborate from anywhere with just about anyone at the University.
- Collaboration Services calendar makes it possible to reserve Meeting rooms or shared equipment, such as laptops or projectors.
- Trello is a free web-based project management tool which provides an easy way for teams to plan, manage, and keep a high level overview of the project development.
- Northwestern Box provides individual, flexible online space for unlimited file storing or sharing at no additional cost to schools, departments, or individuals. All Box content can be accessed online from computers or mobile devices.
- SharePoint is an online content and document management tool used to create web sites, manage file libraries, and more. NU schools and departments may then use their site collection to create SharePoint sites where faculty, staff, and students may collaborate online.
- REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online data capture for research studies.
- DigitalHub is developed by Galter Health Sciences Library for Northwestern Medicine as a place to deposit, preserve, and disseminate a wide range of scholarly outputs
To learn more about Team Science:
Join the Team Science Community
The Science of Team Science Listserv provides an open forum for all subscribers to share information relevant to the practice and study of team science.
The Integration and Implementation Insights blog (also known as I2Insights) is a community weblog for researchers who are interested in Team Science and its use to facilitate understanding and acting on complex real-world problems. The blog is run by the Integration and Implementation Sciences team at The Australian National University.
Intereach (Interdisciplinary Integration Research Careers Hub) community brings together practitioners and researchers of interdisciplinary integration - people who connect across teams, disciplines, and sectors to solve problems requiring diverse expertise. Great space to share best practices, success metrics, and ideas for establishing intereach career paths.
NIH Biomedical Citizen Science Hub (CitSciBio) is a virtual collaboration space designed to help anyone interested in biomedical citizen science and crowdsourcing discover and contribute resources, form collaborative groups, and share expertise.
Read about the Science of Team Science
The Science of Team Science [SciTS] Mendeley group features a large library of literature on transdisciplinary research, as well as cross-disciplinary and inter-professional exchange of information and resources. Members can search resources in the database, create subgroups, and add resources and comments.
The Team Science Toolkit is a user-generated repository of information and other resources that supports the practice and study of team science. It contains over 1000 resources, including practical tools to support successful team-based research, measures and metrics to evaluate or study team science processes and outcomes, and bibliographic entries.
Attend Team Science Conferences
- Team Science Science of Team Science (SciTS)
- International Transdisciplinarity Conference (td-net)
- Atlanta Conference on Science and Technology Policy
- Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI)
- Sunbelt Social Networks Conference of the International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA)
- ACM CSCW
- HICSS (Collaboration Systems & Technologies; Organizational Systems & Technologies tracks)
- National Communication Association
- American Evaluation Association
- American Public Health Association
- NSF EPSCoR